Saturday, February 23, 2008

P.D.I. (Public Display of Interneting)

So let's say I am at a party and across the room are two happy kids who I am sure have been dating for years and didn't at all just get together that night under the pretenses of alcohol.. but anyways back to the party... so these two kids are making out in the middle of the room. Do I watch? Heck yes I do! And why? Because my theory is that what is done in public is my right to see.

Using that same theory then, what is done over the internet is there for the public right? Well not always. The internet can be another way of communicating amongst friends, and just because someone has a scandalous picture or two doesn't mean they would be a bad employee or anything else.

This blog on switched.com references being able to put up a sort of "do not trespass sign" warning employers that certain things are meant to be private. I think this is a good idea. There are places on the internet that are meant for everybody, and there are places that are just meant for good fun, and shouldn't be subjected to the cross-room party hook up judgment of people like me.

No comments: